Thursday, March 29, 2012

Looking For Lipsticks

Do you have a favourite lipstick? Well, I do. My favourite lipstick is the Shiseido Maquillage Lasting Climax Rouge RD357. It is released as a part of Shiseido's Spring 2008 collection.

Why do I like it so much?
1. It's a beautiful shade of pink + peach + coral - a really soft and sweet colour.
2. It's glossy and it makes the lips look full and lustrous.
3. The colour is quite neutral and it is an easy wear, no matter what colour my attire is.
4. It feels comfortable on my lips - the texture is very smooth, and it doesn't irritate as it is scentless.
5. The tube is octagonal, and the black casing looks classy and elegant.

Because it is a 2008 collection, this colour is no longer available for purchase. Therefore, the bit that's left is so precious to me. I'd shown the lipstick to my friends. Many of them tell me that it's not a rare colour. True, but it will not be likely to find one with the exact texture and shade.

It's a little embarrassing to show, but this is what's left of my Shiseido lippy.
It's really a pretty pink colour . . .

Really, shopping for a lipstick isn't as easy as one thinks! A few weeks back, I was at Lancome and I could not find one that I liked. Today, I was at MAC and I was recommended funny shades of orange and peach. Lol. They were all nowhere close to what I wanted.

My final stop today was at Kanebo. Its Lunasol range of make-up has just released its Spring 2012 collection inspired by a Japanese rose named "Momoka", a clear pink-coloured rose. And here, I was recommended by the beauty consultant, the Lunasol Full Glamour Lips G shade no. 43 - a colour described as pink red. She helped painted it on my lips, and at least I liked the colour. To enhance the lips, she painted a layer of gloss from the Lunasol Full Glamour Liquid Lips shade no. 19 in soft apricot pink.

And so I bought them. The lipstick cost RM111 and the lip gloss RM104. RM215 for a lipstick and a lip gloss? That's darn expensive. Sigh. I remember that my Shiseido lippy only cost RM89.00 back then. But well, I did like the Lunasol colours. Do you know why?

The Lunasol Full Glamour Lips G No. 43 in Pink Red is a similar shade to my Shiseido lippy. It's just that it isn't as glossy, and so the Lunasol Full Glamour Liquid Lips No. 19 in Soft Apricot Pink helps to give shine and lustre to the lips. I also like the bronze packaging of Lunasol. Some lipsticks just make the lips shrivel uncomfortably, but Lunasol doesn't as it is scentless and tasteless.

Well, I'm actually excited to wear the new lipstick and lip gloss. ;)) Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...