Thursday, August 13, 2015

Baby C's Full Moon

My niece, baby C was 40 days old .... and we celebrated her full moon party at her home. Lunch was catered for 100 people from Lok Thian Restaurant. This was what we ate .....


Fried Rice 

Fried noodles 


Kacangma Chicken
This was cooked by the confinement auntie, not by Lok Thian. I found that it wasn't sweet enough, because she did not use red glutinous wine.

Roasted chicken with cucumber pickles
I loved this dish! The chicken was tender and juicy, the skin was flavourful .... and it was really nice to eat together with the crunchy, sweet and tangy pickles. Yums. 

Sweet and sour spare ribs 

Prawns and meat rolls 

 Mixed vegetables with cashews

 Salted egg custard balls, homegrown guava and red eggs 

 My platter from the buffet 

Aside from these yummies, there were .... 

 Pretty macarons

 Colourful eclairs 

Angku, cupcakes and red velvet cheese cake .... 

Food was good, atmosphere was good - it was a happy occasion .... and everyone enjoyed mingling about. :)) 

2 comments:

  1. I like fullmoon party where I got to have the angku kuihs and some fancy desserts! sometimes ginger wine chicken is served too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all parties. Lol. As long as there's food involved. But fullmoon party's great cause of the baby. I love cuddling them. :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...