Saturday, August 22, 2015

Lunches @ G.S. Cafe Lee Ling

Work brought me to the Matang area ... and I joined my colleagues for lunch at G.S. Cafe Lee Ling. It was apparently their cafe of choice because we went there consecutively for 2 days. On the first day, I had rice with dishes from the economic rice stall fronting the shop.

Rice and 3 dishes, RM5.00

There weren't many choices of dishes ... and they did not seem to look appetising. Of the 3 dishes I took, I enjoyed the bamboo shoots the most. I liked the texture - crunchy and not too fibrous. 

On the second day, I had ... 

Laksa, RM5.00

It was quite a big bowl, and the taste of the broth was good - spicy, with just the right consistency. No prawns but in their place were squid rings. It was not a bad eat ....

What my colleagues liked here was the Kacangma chicken ..... bought from the first stall on the left as you walk into the shop. It's not sold every day .... this stall it sells only a fixed menu of Kacangma chicken, curry chicken, stuffed bittergourd soup, and braised pork rice, its menu changes daily. The vendor does not have a fixed day for each item ..... so you might just not get what you want to eat if you go on the wrong day ...

Well, I wouldn't normally venture here for food ... so these were those few rare occasions that I did. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...