Sunday, August 9, 2015

Kuching Festival Fair 2015 : My First Visit

Seriously, this is not a good time to be sick. I am still having a very bad flu, with the nose stuffed so bad that I could not breathe well for days. Together with that was a chesty cough ..... how fun. It's been over a week .... and I think I'm slowly recovering.

Now that I'm feeling better, it's time to visit the Kuching Festival Fair. There were a mix of all and new stalls - hundreds of them ..... and I was looking forward to the food and the atmosphere .... :))

We were there about 5.00 p.m., and already there were so many people! Here are some random shots.

Teochew braised meats from Li Garden

A colourful pizza stall named Pezzo

These very popular giant lamb skewers from Mongolian Master 

2 ice-cream stalls
This year's festival had many ice-cream stalls - and the ThaiCool stall on the right is a hot favourite among visitors. It sold stir-fried ice-cream ...... and when it opened, it attracted a really, really long queue. I'd come and queue in my next visit. 

What we ate .... actually, we did not eat much but were so stuffed anyway .... 

Roasted meats noodles, RM6.00
The folks enjoyed the fragrant and aromatic noodles, but complaint at the meagre serving of meats. Lol. :)) 

Thai-style kueh tiaw, RM4.50
This one I bought from Mango Tree, and I did not quite like the taste. It was slightly sweet, not aromatic at all. I liked the texture of the noodles, the crunchy vegetables and black fungus though. There were also chicken slices in there.  

Chicken and beef satay from Junaidi Satay
Not so nice, but the satay sauce was good.

Taiwanese sausages, RM2.50 each from Sausage Corner
I liked the original flavour better than the spicy one 

 Pork chop with cheese, RM8.00
This was good! This was the best item we bought so far. 
The meat was so tender, and the cheese inside the meat cutlet was really tasty.

We also bought some sio bee to eat .... and I did not take a photograph of that. Of course, we also had some sweets .... not in the picture was Dad's favourite custard bao from Xin Kung Fu ..... 

 Filled churros, RM4.00 each
I had the chocolate-filled churros.
My churros was served in a brown paper .... and after a while, all the chocolate sauce leaked out from the pastry and created a terrible mess. Sigh ...... 

 Sesame and matcha soft serve, RM2.50 each
I had the matcha one, Dad had the sesame one. 
The taste of matcha was there .... but the ice-cream melted too fast! It was too soft! Why? Too much water? Hmn .... 

Well, that summed up my first visit this year .... hoping for more to come :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...