Saturday, August 29, 2015

Kicking Off The Long Weekend With ....

When I woke up, it was nearly 8.00 a.m. I did not have anything planned, and was just going to spend the day lazily. I totally deserved a good long weekend after completing a big project just 2 days ago! Phew! It had been a stressful 2 weeks and I am really looking forward to having nothing to do for the next 3 days. I wasn't going to cook or clean. I wasn't going to do any work. I was just going to laze. Lol.

At about 9.30, I was at Kenyalang Park wet market ... and found that most of the stalls had already closed. So early! There was food at the coffee shops .... but I did not quite see anything that I liked. I only bought some kueh from Yong Kwang Cafe, and then it was off to Servay Hypermarket at EG Mall to get some groceries.

Actually, I wanted to eat Nasi Lemak ... and I really didn't know where good Nasi Lemak was available in town. I was browsing at the stalls at Thian You Food Court at King's Centre and I chanced upon a stall selling it ....

Nasi lemak, RM5.00 from Thian You Food Court @ King's Centre
Kuih from Yong Kwang Cafe @ Kenyalang Park Commercial Centre
Hot coffee and lemon water 

Overall, I was happy with the nasi lemak. The rice was subtly flavoured with santan, soft and fluffy too. The all important sambal was good - it had a good consistency, was savoury and piquant. The fried chicken was well-marinated, crispy on the outside. Then, there's half a hard-boiled egg, anchovies and peanuts. Only that there was no cucumbers .... I added those in the pic myself back home. And you can see that the portion is generous. RM5.00 was definitely worth it.

I was too full after eating the nasi lemak ..... and would be eating the kuehs later on ..... perhaps for dinner. Lol.

Have a good long merdeka weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...