Sunday, August 2, 2015

My Very First Soufeel Charm Bracelet

The fun thing about charm bracelets is that you can personalise it and make it uniquely yours. I love charm bracelets. In 2010, I bought a Thomas Sabo. The charms, though, were expensive. So I procrastinated at buying them .... I have 3 charms on my Thomas Sabo to date. Lol. It's somewhat incomplete.

Then Pandora came to our shores. Pandora was somewhat different than Thomas Sabo, whereby the beaded charms are strung together in a bracelet. It was interesting, but I hesitated about buying one. Though marketed as "affordable luxury", it is a far cry from it. The plainest is RM69 now, and prices go up to RM3799. So, Pandora, like Thomas Sabo, was just not affordable unless I had plenty of money to dispense with.

So I chanced upon Soufeel ... which was a more economical version of Pandora. It was a company based in the UK, and after reading a couple of reviews about it, I decided to go ahead and buy it online. I sat in front of my laptop, and picked and chose the charms I wanted.

The first piece I picked was a very pretty August birthstone Swarovski charm in Olivine. It was a very pretty shade of light green .... and hence, I decided that my bracelet should be green in colour. I picked a green iced crystal faceted Murano glass bead and another green shinning crystal charm. Another favourite piece of mine is the cubic zirconia christian cross charm. Then there was the four leaf flower with blue crystal - which I chose because it was cheap. Then, I chose a Starry Sky charm but it was out of stock - so it had to be replaced with a Bunch of Grapes Charm .... and this was my least favourite piece.

A heart shaped Live Love Laugh silver charm was given free, together with the bracelet. I could choose the size of the bracelet - so I had mine at 19.5 cm. Oh ya ... I also got a silver ring free.

My pretty bling

The shopping experience at the website was pleasant, and I received regular emails notifying me the status of my purchase .... and 2 weeks later, my parcel arrived. I was invariably happy with the quality of the charms, and was glad that the colours matched their pictures on the website. I stringed all the charms on the bracelet and was ready to wear it. :))

My colleague J said that the colour suited me .... and my kiddies noticed the bracelet as soon as I walked into the classroom. Your Pandora is pretty, they said. Lol. I'm glad I bought it .... and am looking forward to collect more charms in the future. :))


2 comments:

  1. Wow...I swear to God...its really beautiful... how much it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it. It's less than RM400. Go look see at the website for the cute charms. :)

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...