Saturday, July 25, 2009

After Watching C.I.D. 刑警二人组

Hmn. Finished the drama, C.I.D. 刑警二人组. I feel sorry for Qi Yuwu's character, Tang Siwei. Everyone around him seems to die. First, his sworn brother was murdered. Then, his wife was kidnapped, tortured, and fell to her death in the midst of her escape. Later on, his mother too died, killed by her half-sister.

(Pic source :http://archive8.mediacorptv.sg/shows/drama/view/739/1/.html)

Hmn. If I were Tang Siwei, I would be psychologically drained, and I would probably end up institutionalised in some mental hospital. Would I be able to bear the guilt of the death of my spouse? Would I be able to accept a murderer for a mother? Hmn.

Anyway, I liked the moment when Siwei and Sijie were talking in her old bedroom. It was really poignant on his part when he recalled his memories of childhood, while she feigned amnesia. Anyway, I thought Qi Yuwu portrayed the nostalgia very well.

Generally, I thought Jeanette Aw did a pretty good job as Tang Sijie/Fang Jiayi - innocently vindictive. What a little schemer she was, and not someone I would want to mess with in real life. At the same time, I do sympathise with her, being a victim of circumstances and all.

Next drama to watch, Housewives' Holiday 煮妇的假期.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...