Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Don't Like La Femme 绝对佳人


I don't like this drama. To me, the story develops at a really crawling pace, and only starts to pick up after episode 9. Moreover, most of the characters annoy me.

Ok. First of all, the characters keep BUMPING into each other. Mani bumps into Jiajie and Baoyu everytime and everywhere, whether in Singapore or Penang. Baoguo bumps into Weiqiang in Penang. Watch where you are going, people!!!!!

The character I dislike the most is Minmin. She obviously takes Xingxiong for granted. She keeps rejecting him because of her own insecurities. And yet, she can't do without him. Make up your mind, woman!!! You are so selfish and annoying.

Minmin is shameless enough to keep Xingxiong wrapped around her little finger, and he stupidly lets himself to be under her control. What a silly couple. He gives and gives, and she takes and takes and takes. It's so tiring to watch them. If I were Xingxiong, I'd dump her in a sec! Jual mahal punya perempuan!!! So annoying!!!

I don't like Tingting either. She's a spoilt brat who likes things her way! She even contemplates to kill her unborn child! How can she even think that?

I don't like Mani. She's like a fake. She had to be in trouble everytime she bumped into Jiajie - lost her wallet, drunk and tummy pain.

I don't like Jiajie. Ok. I don't like MCPs in general. Serves him right for failing in his business and his marriage. I'd prefer Baoyu to end up with Weixiang.

I like Tay Ping Hui and Ann Kok, and I like to watch their segments in this drama to find out how their story develops. But it's quite tiring to watch conflict from beginning until the end. I pity their kid.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like the actors in the other dramas, but I just don't like them here. I do like Shaun Chen in C.I.D. But in La Femme, hmn. Boring. I like San Yao in Housewives' Holiday. But in La Femme, hmn. MCP, I don't like. I like Nat Ho in The Little Nyonya. In La Femme, hmn, don't like.

In general, it was a real CHORE to finish this drama. Though I'm a sucker for happy endings, in this drama series, I don't really care at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...