Tuesday, July 21, 2009

C.I.D. 刑警二人组

C.I.D. Ok. This is an old Mediacorp drama, broadcasted in 2006. And admittedly, I'm watching this drama only because of Qi Yuwu. But I must say that I'm quite impressed with his acting in this drama. I think he's better in C.I.D. than in The Little Nyonya. Well, that may be my humble opinion but it's what I sincerely think.

(Pic source :http://archive8.mediacorptv.sg/shows/drama/view/739/1/.html)

In this drama, Qi Yuwu's character was a cop, Tang Si Wei. At first, I thought he's a gangster. But in fact, he's an undercover cop. I could sense his turmoil when asked to kill his best buddy. And afterwards, when his buddy was brutally murdered by someone else, I could see his anguish and torment.

Qi Yuwu portrayed the burden of a brother who shouldered the blame for the abduction of his younger sister very well. I could see that he carried the whole weight of the blame on his shoulders. Very good acting there.

I found the second part - the story of Steve-Dawn-Xiaofen-Liwen - a bit more boring. Perhaps maybe it's because the Steve-Xiaofen characters didn't have much chemistry, and so the Steve-Dawn relationship didn't have much impact on the former relationship. Yawn.

In fact, the baddies were quite predictable in the first two parts - I could tell straight away that Fly had something with the murders even though I didn't know his motives; and then I could tell straightaway that Steve had to be homosexual.

Anyway, Yuwu's scenes with Apple Hong were really cute and sweet - particularly when they'd just embarked on a relationship. I'm halfway into the drama. I look forward to see how their relationship unfolds. I also wonder why Si Wei's sister was kidnapped in the past, and I wonder what is his mother's role in the whole incident.

Well, whatever it is, I'd been fascinated with Qi Yuwu since watching The Little Nyonya. I'd even watched Painted Skin 画皮 and Protege 门徒. Hmn. Did not like him in Painted Skin. And he was too insignificant in Protege, ;p.

1 comment:

  1. That is really awesome. Thanks for discovering it. Some really guidelines there, this is going to be a real-time drain. I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: Beijing tour| Lhasa Tour | Beijing tour packages

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...