Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jioufen 九份

C.I.D. was filmed partly in Taiwan, and many scenes were shot in Jioufen, 九份. I've also seen Jioufen in On Air, a Korean drama which was released in 2008.

Well, I went to Taiwan in May last year, and I managed to visit Jioufen. It sits high on the mountain top near Taipei.

I had liked this quaint little place. The weather was really cool because of its location at high altitude. We reached there in the early evening and were dropped off at the entrance to a long narrow street.

Entrance to Jioufen Shuchi Street

There were many shops that flank the street, and vendors sold trinkets, tea, and local delicacies. Tourists and locals alike crowd the narrow streets to purchase souvenirs to bring home.

Shoppers inspecting interesting merchandise

At the end of this street, there is a deck where you can admire the scenery below.

View from Jioufen

The view is simply breathtaking!!

At Jioufen, I bought some magnets, packets of tea for my family, and also dried tofu. I also sampled some candied yam and sweet potatoes. Yummilicious, indeed!

Jioufen is indeed worth a visit the next time you are in Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...