Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Caught the Sniffles

I have not feeling very well since Sunday. It's a little congested in the nose, and my throat feels very uncomfortable. Besides that, my tongue feels like cotton wool and my head feels like it's been shrouded in the clouds. I suppose I'm down with a slight flu - it's not so serious yet as I'm still up and about, though sometimes I felt like a zombie.

Yesterday, however, as I was flipping through the pages of the newspapers and reading about new cases of H1N1 in Malaysia, I got slightly paranoid. So much so that I googled the symptoms of H1N1, and asked a few people around me about it. They gave me an incredulous do-you-think-it's-so-easy-to-get-sick kind of look.

Well, I may not have been traveling on the plane, but there are after all people around who have. And I can't help being worried about the quick spread of the flu, as reported in the media, for I know my immune system is not strong at all. I was talking to a friend about giving the immune system a boost, and she suggested that I take multivitamins.

For now, decongestants and lozenges are giving me some relief. Anyway, if it persists, I'll be heading to the nearest GP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...