Saturday, July 4, 2009

Catching Up

I haven't seen a friend for 2 long months.
There's a lot to catch up.

In 2 months.
Some people have resigned from their jobs, and opened up businesses.
Some people have planned on getting married.
Some people have children born.
Some people are ill.
Some people have left this world.

Congratulatory flowers at a new business premise

Me?
I am still me.
I have stayed in the same job for years.
I have not gotten married.
I have yet had children.
My life seems so mundane.

A tiny voice in my head says.
Stop comparing yourself to others.
Different people, different lives.
You live your life to the fullest.
Do not linger on what ifs.
The grass is always greener on the other side.
Until you step over and see that it still needs mowing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...