Saturday, July 18, 2009

Flowers In My Garden

I dislike gardening. I have never pottered about the garden before. I have never even watered the plants. None of us tends the garden outside the house. When the grass gets too long, we call Uncle Grass Cutter, and he comes and cuts the grass for us.

This evening, I was sitting in the porch, waiting for my friend to pick me up. She texted me to say she was caught in a jam.

While I was waiting and waiting, I wondered why the grass grew long so quickly. We only got it cut last Friday. It's been only a week, and I can see that it has grown by at least 2 inches.

Then I noticed a solitary stalk of flower on the ground. It looked small and fragile, but it stood straight and proud. It was pink and pretty, so I could not resist snapping a shot of it.


Then I looked around the garden and realised that they are more flowers!! Ok. I have no idea what the flowers are called. My knowledge about plants is really limited.



I only know that this is the 富贵花.


And this is bougainvillea.


Well, I love flowers. It's a shame I have never noticed the flowers growing in my own backyard before this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...