Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Office

I just moved. I used to sit in the staffroom with nice, modern workstations. Now I am sharing an office with another senior assistant. I'm using old furniture - old table, old cupboards from the olden days.


Luckily the room was air-conditioned not long ago.

Hmn. I moved my things last week from my workstation in the staffroom into the office. Over the years, I've accummulated a lot of things. And it took many students to help me move.

Anyway, I was so busy last week I did not have time to settle in. So as it is, I don't feel very comfortable with the new set up just yet.

Furthermore, I feel like I'm intruding into another person's space. The other senior assistant was occupying the whole room by herself. But now she has to share it with me. She said she doesn't mind, but then I just don't feel good about it. Furthermore, she's often in a bad mood. Just now a colleague came in to ask for something. She did not even smile or say a word. Eeeee, so scary ah ...

I'm also isolated from the rest of my colleagues. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...