Thursday, July 16, 2009

Steamed Tapioca Parcels

Until today, I never knew this kuih existed.

Steamed grated tapioca parcels

My colleague and I went to the canteen this morning, and she squealed when she saw this kuih on the tray.

"What's inside?" I asked her.

"Grated tapioca," she said. "I love it. My sister loves it too. We always make it at home."

That was enough to interest me. So I bought one parcel, while my colleague bought all the others. There had to be at least half a dozen that she bought.

Unwrap a parcel . . .

I unwrapped my kuih and bit into it. It was sweet and had the distinct taste of tapioca, and perhaps a bit of coconut milk to make it lemak.

Well, I do like this kuih, and won't mind having it with a cup of hot coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...