Saturday, January 26, 2013

Curry Puffs

I love curry puffs. Normally, curry puffs are filled with spicy curried potatoes. Sometimes, mashed sardine is added to the potatoes for variety.

I love curry puffs and I buy them daily. I usually buy them from an old Malay lady at the wet market. But every day, I find that the curry puffs taste different. Lols. So inconsistent!

Sometimes the pastry is flaky ... sometimes it's crispy ... sometimes it's soggy .... sometimes the filling is tasteless ... sometimes the filling tastes just right but other times it is tasteless ...

Well, the old lady sources her curry puffs from different people, that's why. Sometimes, she has a few trays on the table ... all curry puffs but made from different people. So I am always not sure which ones I should buy. Thankfully, most of the time, the curry puffs are yum.

 Curry puffs

Inside .... savoury pastry compactly filled with spiced potato dices ... 

The curry puffs sell for RM0.40 each. It's really cheaper to buy them than to make them on our own!

2 comments:

  1. mind to share where can i buy tis curry puff? Which wet market? the old pasar? curry puff lover here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello ... i bought those curry puffs from the cheras market ... only 1 regular stall there ... kuih sold by malay lady .... and as i said, she sources from different people ... so quality not consistent. most of the time, tastes ok. most importantly, cheap at RM0.40 per piece. ;))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...