Thursday, January 24, 2013

Watching The World Pass Me By

I find the fragrant tea at Chatime really addictive. So how can I resist treating myself to glass of bubble tea whenever I come across an outlet?

At Pavillion, Chatime is located on the fourth floor at the annexe building ... and it has got a few tables and chairs outside the outlet ... and I find it just wonderful to sit there and look down the walkway below as people trundle by. I look at the cool and trendy youngsters in their branded garb ... the fashionistas in their designer labels .... the tourists with their cameras and shopping bags ... the office workers with their ID tags around their necks .... and I wonder about their lives and their background and their routines ....

Anyway ....Chatime at the Pavillion is strategically located .... a great place for me to hang out and look at people and their antics.

People watching ... 

Today, I discovered that Chatime also sold fried chicken! Yay! For a limited time, a fried chicken combo is RM9.90. One can order a drink worth up to RM5.90.

So with my tea, I ordered a fried chicken chop .... original. One could also opt for the chicken to be spicy. I did not wait long for my drink, but it took them a while to get ready the chicken.

The fried chicken combo
Well, this was Taiwanese-style deep-fried battered boneless chicken breast. The portion was rather huge! The crust was crispy, but did not seem to stick well to the chicken as they peeled and fell off the meat. It was also rather greasy. It also tasted a bit sweet .... hmn.

For me, it's a steal because the combo is really cheap. Worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...