Friday, January 18, 2013

Pepper Stirfry

Mom bought green peppers because they were on sale at the market. 3 pieces for RM1.00. Cheap, eh?

How should I cook them, Mom asked me? And I volunteered to cook it for her.

Pretty? 

I had the peppers and onions cut in wedges, and the carrots and king oyster mushrooms sliced. The chicken breast meat was sliced and marinated with sesame oil and light soy sauce and pepper. Then all I did was to stir-fry them over high heat, and then added a seasoning consisting of water, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, malt vinegar and some Shao Xing wine.

Hmn .. the crunchy vegetables in a sourish sauce was appetising with rice. Mom liked it. So did the rest of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...