Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bitter Gourd Stirfry

My friend blessed me with a packet of pre-cut bitter gourd which she bought from the supermarket. A whole pack of it with some shredded carrot and cut fresh chillies for only RM1.00!

I had to cook it for lunch, else it would be taking up space in the fridge. What I did was to cook the marinated meatballs first with just a tablespoon of liquid. Then I dished them out and reserved the stock.

Then I sauted some garlic in oil till browned, and then threw in all the vegetables, the meatballs, the stock and  a beaten egg .... and stir-fried till everything cooked. I seasoned the vegetables with some fish sauce.

Bitter Gourd Stirfry

I had it with white rice. And it tasted much better than I thought it would! Yums ... healthy ... and cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...