Monday, March 4, 2013

Sao Paolo Cafe @ Permy Mall

My friend hangs out here most weekends with her laptop. She will purchase food and coffee, and then she will spend hours at this cafe, taking advantage of the free wi-fi available.

Where? Both of us asked. Sao Paolo? Hmn .. we're in Miri longer than she had, but we had not heard of the cafe before.

It is in Permy Mall, she said.

No wonder. I had been to Permy Mall only twice since it opened last year. I did not even know that there was a book store upstairs till recently. Did you know? ;p

Anyway, the other night, both of us tagged along to hang out at the cafe. Indeed, my friend parked herself at the corner where the power socket was, ordered a drink, and then happily went online. Meanwhile, the both of us preferred to sit at the comfy armchairs at the front of the cafe. We both had the Cookies and Cream.

 Cookies and Cream, medium, RM13.00

Hmn ... the drink was thick and rich with the taste of chocolate. Quite indulgent, in fact. Like drinking ice-cream. But it also made me feel guilty as it was full of calories which I did not need. Only this time, I vowed. But who knows when I will succumb to temptation again. Lols.

The cold drink made me feel chilly .... next time I'd bring a cardigan or a scarf, I thought. In addition, mosquito repellent may come in handy ... cause there was certainly mosquitoes flying around. Perhaps because the cafe was located just next to one of the main entrances to the mall ... and the automatic glass slide door was kept opened for a long time as people kept walking in and out of the mall.

Both my friends found the wi-fi to be very fast ... both were happy that they were able to download all that they had planned to download. But somehow, the wi-fi wasn't that accessible on my device .... I wonder why. Could it be because of the corner of the cafe where I had sat? Next time, I'd sit somewhere else and see! Oh yeah, and bring an emart members' card to get 25% discount on drinks! That's a lot, don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...