Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tangy Chicken Stew

I prefer to stew or braise my meats. It's easier as I do not have to watch over the fire. Just leave it to boil and boil and boil .... and then it's done and ready to eat.

I had a piece of chicken breast, and I was cracking my head as to what to cook it with. As I was browsing around the supermarket, I saw some pickled vegetables, and an idea came to me. Why not? I told myself.

Sour mustard, tomatoes and chilies

Very easy ... wash and cut pickled mustard, tomatoes and chillies. Cut aromatics which include garlic, shallots and ginger. Clean and cut chicken. Then saute the aromatics, dump in the chicken and the vegetables. Add in water, some seasoning and then let it stew. ;p

Oh ya .... do enjoy the play of aroma as it cooks .... that distinctive flavour of the sour mustard and the aromatics and the chicken .... 

Tangy Chicken Stew
The sour taste of this dish made it really appetising to eat. Serve hot with steamed white rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...