Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mei Xiang Lou

Somebody recommended this shop to us. It is located at Jalan Krokop. We went there one Tuesday night, and ordered 4 dishes to eat with our rice.

I'll start with a dish that I don't like. ;p

Sea Cucumber Thick Soup
The consistency was good, the ingredients were generous. It was the taste that was lacking. I think it was due to the poor quality black vinegar used here. It spoilt the soup. What a pity.

I enjoyed all the other three dishes.

Fish Curry
This portion was for two. Unbelievable! There were more than enough for the three of us. The fish was fresh and was sweet. The curry was rich, with just a little sourness to assault the palate. The other ingredients were aplenty - tomatoes, okra, eggplant, and beancurd sticks. Yum. We enjoyed the dish.

Specialty Tofu
As I helped myself with a piece of deep-fried tofu, the fragrance of the dish blew me away. Yum. The deep-fried egg tofu was as soft as custard, and cooked in a thick sauce of minced pork, diced Shiitake mushrooms and dried radish. It was the salty dried radish that lent a unique savoury flavour to the dish. 

Bitter Gourd In Three Eggs
The thinly shredded bitter gourd was stir-fried with egg, salted egg and century egg. The vegetable was crunchy while the flavour the eggs rich. Absolutely delicious. 

We ordered 2 plates of rice to share and 3 drinks. The bill? Only RM48.00. What a steal!! We enjoyed the meal and we would be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...