Tuesday, March 19, 2013

No. 2!

I was not nervous. At least that was what I told myself.

My hands shaking a little, I cut open the result slips one by one in no particular order. I  peeked into each slip of paper and then keyed in the results into the computer. I was trying hard to focus, in case I keyed in the wrong thing.

I opened one student's result slip, and was overjoyed that she had gotten 4 A's.

"Yessss!" I said to my myself. That makes two.  For I was so certain that the other student would obtain 4 A's even though I had not looked at her results. 

Unfortunately, I was in for a major disappointment. The person whom I was so sure would obtain 4 A's did not.

Well, STPM results were announced yesterday, and I must say that my students did really well. I had 1 person scoring 4 A's, and 4 persons scoring 3A's and 1B. We maintained a 100% pass, though our CGPA dropped a little.

And from hearsay, we topped the schools in Sarawak again. This time, we were no. 2! 

The format for STPM had changed to the semester system, with STPM 2012, being the final year that STPM was examined the old way. And I am so proud to say that we ENDED the exam with a bang! 

Congratulations to all the students! 

1 comment:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...