Monday, March 11, 2013

Hearty Beef Bone & Rice Vermicelli Soup

My colleague made this. Amazing, eh?

My bowl of Beef Bone & Rice Vermicelli Soup

What amazed me was the fact that he did not compromise on the condiments. He brought to the office a large container of vermicelli, and an enormous pot of the beef bone soup ... and with chunks of beef bone still swimming inside. Then there were MORE containers filled with blanched black fungus, chopped spring onions and coriander, chopped garlic, lime, and chopped chillies in soy sauce. Wow!

Taste wise, needless to say, it was all homemade goodness. Yums ... many of us had second helpings.

2 comments:

  1. Your colleague brought this to work for lunch? It looks delicious. That's called getting your priorities right! I usually eat a dull sandwich sitting at my desk checking emails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was more like for breakfast or brunch. We're so blessed cause of a colleague who loves to cook!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...