Friday, March 29, 2013

Durian Puff Pastry

Fourth Aunt bought some durian puffs from Imperial Duck. They are sold in threes ... for RM6.00 per set.  So that means that it's RM2.00 per piece.

Durian Puff Pastry ... see the durian filling which escaped from the pastry case ....

And the layered or puffed up pastry on the other side ... 

I had a piece of the elegant-looking, triangular pastry ... and I must say that I was impressed with the pastry case. It was light and flaky, and very pleasant to the palate. The filling was durian paste, which tasted very subtle.

Fourth Aunt loved it so much. A must-order for her every time.

Dad thought it was not worth the price.

Mom, like me, enjoyed the pastry skin.

I think I would have liked the filling to be a little more robust in flavour. It is after all, durian, a fruit which is meant to provide plenty of kick in terms of aroma and taste. This one looked and tasted very delicate. It made me feel high class! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...