Saturday, March 2, 2013

Chicken Stew

The girls went out for dinner at Marina Seahorse Bistro II the other day ... and I found that the quality of the food was different. The kampung fried rice, for example, did not taste as nice as it used to be. New chef? Hmn ... not sure, but flavour was sure lacking.

Then, we ordered a chicken stew to share.

Chicken Stew, RM15.00

We got a whole chicken thigh ... I think it was baked and then served on a vegetable stew. I found the chicken to be quite dry and thus very hard. There wasn't much taste to it, but I suppose it was meant to be eaten with the stew. I could see some vegetables and mushrooms in the stew, but I did not like the taste, which I felt was overpowered by the use of too much spices. Also on the platter were a dollop of mash potato with a piece of tapioca cracker stacked on it, and some coleslaw which for reasons unknown to me was covered by the cucumbers and tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...