Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dinner @ The Cafe

AT and I were a-walking at Bintang Plaza Mega mall. He was interested to get a tablet ... and so he brought me along to give him some opinions. Of course, I tried to persuade him to get the iPad mini .... but it seemed that he was more interested in the Asus Fonepad. Hmn ... I thought the Fonepad camera sucked. :P

So .... then on a whim .... I brought him to the movies since he'd not watched here at GSC Lite. Need to educate him a bit about the cinema. Lol. The movie was not that great .... but by the time we finished, it was time for dinner.

We actually went to Mei Xiang Lou. We sat down and waited a long time before someone came to take our order. She warned us about the long wait. An hour, to be exact. Hmn .... AT decided that we'd go somewhere else - The Cafe at Bintang Commercial Centre, facing SK Bintang.

I'd not eaten here before, my first time. And I thought the food was great! We had ...

Midin Red Wine Stir-fry 
Crunchy vegetables in very fragrant and sweet red rice wine, not overfried. Yums.

Pork Belly with Salted Fish  
This version is rather dry, but was really savoury. The meat was of a chewy texture, and the salted fish fragrant and appetising.

Fish Curry (mind the photo ...:P)
The curry was the star of the meal. The fish was fresh, and served in a rich, thick, spicy and tangy curry gravy. There were beancurd skin, okra, and eggplant in there too. I finished up the entire bowl of rice because of the curry gravy. Super yums. 

The meal cost us less than RM50.00, inclusive of 3 rice.  I thought it was rather reasonable. A recommended  place to eat. Want to come back :))

2 comments:

  1. Pork Belly with Salted Fish! Have been hunting this in Miri for a while now.. :D hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite common I thought. You can get it at many cafes in town ..... The Little Chef's version is not bad. The ones at Kuan Heng is also yum .... but it's only available at night.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...