Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lunch @ Apollo

My old friend, AT came to pick me up at my house, but I did not recognise his car. New car? I asked him, impressed with the sleek lines and the leather interior of the Honda Civic. I'd not seen him for half a year, so he could very well have changed his car without my knowing.

Well, apparently not. It was a car under his care ... and he was just taking me out for a ride in town. Lol. Okie ... fine. So off we drove around town ..... before stopping at Apollo for lunch.

To eat with our rice, we had ....

Sea cucumber thick soup
It was not bad ... but we needed to add lots of malt vinegar to make it sour. It tasted better sour. 

Bitter gourd stir-fry
I would always remember AT as the one who taught me to eat bitter gourd ... and that was years ago. So today, he ordered this ... and it brought back memories. The bitter gourd here at Apollo was yum too.

AT also ordered a plain steamed fish. I had taken a photo but too bad, had deleted it by mistake. Hmn .... it was a steamed red snapper ... I thought it was a tad fishy :P 

It was always good to catch up with AT. He'd disappeared for a few months ..... lol ..... I'd last seen him during CNY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...