Saturday, July 27, 2013

From The Bazaar 2

I was at the Ramadhan Bazaar at Saberkas. I walked and walked .... but again did not see much of what was interesting to buy. In the end .....

Lemang, chicken and beef satay with peanut sauce

Now, the lemang was very delicious. Lemang is a glutinous rice roll, cooked in bamboo. At RM2.00 each, the lemang was freshly made, was slightly savoury, soft but not mushy and yet exuded the fragrance of coconut milk and banana leaf. Yums. Of the 2 types of satay, I preferred the chicken satay as the meat was more tender. The beef satay was too tough to eat! Now, I loved the combination of satay and freshly-made lemang. I'm sure it made people anticipate the coming Raya celebration, which is just around the corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...