Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pujut 2 Cold Drinks

This corner shop faces Jalan Pujut 2C. It opened for business not so long ago .... and today, my friends and I went to check it out. Across the road, a car wash was in operation. So, there were customers who were relaxing over some cold refreshments, while waiting for their car to be cleaned.

 My shaved ice
I had corn and red beans in my shaved ice, flavoured with palm sugar and evaporated milk. I found that it was not "milky" enough, so that rich and satisfying flavour was lacking. Too bad, though I quite enjoyed the soft and powdery red beans. 

Deep-fried fritters
Hmn .... I think there were yam and sweet potato and maybe even breadfruit in there. The root vegetables were all fragrant and powdery, the crust coating them was crunchy and maybe even a bit hard. We all agreed that the sauce was "stinky" ... well ... a bit too pungent. We finished up the whole plate nonetheless. 

 Sotong Kangkong
The vegetables were well-blanched, and I found the cuttlefish cut too small. I much preferred large and generous slices :P  The sauce was less pungent than the one for the fritter ... and I did not like the chilli paste much. 

I thought the prices here were a bit more steep, compared to the rest of the drinking holes in town. Besides the above, the shop also sells kolo mee, mee suah, laksa, dumplings soup, fish balls and meat balls soup. We did not try any of the items ... perhaps next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...