Sunday, July 7, 2013

Marudi Homemade Ice-Cream

My colleague's been raving about Marudi homemade ice-cream.

Where? I asked, interested.

"Taman Tunku," he replied. 

Hmn .... I suppose I would not be driving all the way there just for an ice-cream. The other day, I picked up my friend from the airport. So we decided to go to Taman Tunku to try out the ice-cream.

Ice-cream, RM2.50

Ice-cream Special, RM3.50

The colourful homemade ice-cream was delicious! It was smooth, not too sweet, and had a delicate coconut milk flavour. It was totally enjoyable. I had it plain, but my friend chose to have hers with jelly, stewed red beans, and corn. 

We also decided to try the rojak ..... 

 Rojak, RM5.00 onwards 

Sotong Kangkong, RM5.00 onwards 

The ingredients in the rojak included cucumbers, pineapples, tofu, jicama, and slices of squid. They were served in a piquant rojak sauce.

The Sotong Kangkong was made up of just blanched water convolvulus and squid slices.  The sauce tasted milder and sweeter, compared to the rojak.

Of the two, my friend and I both preferred the Sotong Kangkong.

My friend and I vowed to drive back there .... next weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. I love all your food pictures, thanks for sharing. Now this is one shop I have always wanted to visit but never got the chance to, plus I'm not familiar with the area there. Anyway, I love sotong kangkung and ice creams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading!!

    Well .... it's not difficult to find, actually. Turn into Taman Tunku and drive all the way to the traffic light. Servay is on the right. Turn left and then take the first turning on the right, and drive all the way till you see new shoplots on the left. The shop's called 86 Cold Drinks.

    Do go and try the ice-cream. It's worth the drive!!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...