Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lazy Sunday Breakfast

Hmn ... it was a lazy Sunday. So I decided to stay home to have breakfast.

Homemade : 2 eggs, 3/4 boiled. Bread with chicken serunding, cucumber and mayo. Instant white coffee.

Hmn ... it's not easy to get boiled eggs in the perfect consistency. I like them soft, with a custard-like texture. My friend told me to cook the eggs till the water boils,turn off the fire, and then to let the eggs soak in the hot water for 5 minutes. I must say that I was quite happy with the result.

Serunding is the Malay version of meat floss. It is cooked by stir-frying cooked meat with spices till they became light and dry. I chanced upon Chef cooking some chicken serunding the other day at my workplace .... and so I bought some from him. I loved serunding with my bread, some refreshing cucumber for some crunchiness, and flavour-enhancing mayonnaise. Yums.

Coffee? Hmn .... instant ones will have to do for now. Just tear up the sachet, add hot water and stir. ;P

Simple ... and a bliss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...