Friday, July 19, 2013

Little Chef Again

On impulse, I asked my friend to accompany me for dinner. It always happens when I felt cold in the tummy .... and I wanted a hot meal. So we went to the Little Chef. I loved the fast service here. They dished out the food within minutes! Very impressive! And just what we needed when we were hungry.

We ordered the following items, all brought to the table in a jiffy and at the same time.


Stir-fry mustard greens with garlic
The crunchy and crispy vegetables were not over-fried, and was fragrantly coated with deep-fried chopped garlic. Very tasty.

Pork belly and salted fish in a claypot
This was a very appetising dish, as the tender slivers of pork were being flavoured by salty yet pungent salted fish. The leeks and onions enhanced the flavour and texture of the whole dish. There was some gravy at the bottom of the pot to moisten the meat. I loved to drench my rice in the gravy as well. 

Foochow Tofu Soup
What I loved the most about the soup was the intoxicating flavour of the red rice wine. It was perfect with the thick soup. In the soup were tofu, minced pork and egg. The consistency was good, not too sticky and not to watery either. 

The meal was rather delightful, I found. My friend and I enjoyed our dinner lots ..... and we vowed to return for other dishes!! 

4 comments:

  1. I love the food and the fast service too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, great blog & I love food! May I know where Little Chef is located? Would love to go there. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Chef is at Boulevard Commercial Centre, Miri. It's near Maybank Boulevard Commercial Centre. You won't miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...