Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lunch @ Xing Wang Centrepoint

My friend kept telling me the loved the Pork Belly dish sold here. Sometimes, she told me that she loved the Pork Trotters here. But when she brought me here, I found out that what she had really liked was the Stir-fried Pork Belly with Salted fish, served on rice.

 Stir-fry pork belly with salted fish
Well, the pork was very thinly sliced and very lean, and I found it to be just a teeny weeny bit tough. It's just my personal preference, as some people may like its chewy texture. The taste however, was quite shiok or satisfying. The gravy was rather thick, and robust with the sweet, salty and pungent flavour, and it coated the meat very well. Therefore, this is a very satisfying dish to eat with the white rice.

We shared a bowl of kolo mee .... 


Kolo mee
Now, let's see .... it looked good with the brown, green and red condiments on top of the noodles. The condiments met my requirement, as it had the minced pork and the red char siu. The noodles tasted right, very fragrant with lard and onion oil. The portion was very generous too. The only thing they could improve was the texture of the noodles, blanched for a tad too long .... so it was a little bit soggy. Otherwise, it would have been a perfect bowl of kolo mee. :P 

 Liver soup
The liver soup was yum as well .... very generous with red wine, and with powdery liver used. We enjoyed the piping hot soup with our noodles and rice.

Quite a lot of people here. The food was not bad .... so I would just probably return for the other stuff .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...