Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 1 : I'm Lovin' It - Egg McMuffin With Chicken Roll

I seldom have McDonald's for breakfast here in Malaysia, pretty much because I did not quite fancy the Sausage McMuffin. Well, that was last time. I had not eaten a Sausage McMuffin for years! Now, there were even more choices, i.e. the Chicken McMuffin. I had not tried that either. Maybe sometime soon.

So anyway, it was about 10.00 a.m. I had just claimed my luggage and exited the domestic arrival hall. I was just strolling about the departure hall at KLIA. I had time as the next flight was three and a half hours away.

I was not hungry, but I thought I had better eat something substantial before the next flight. Who knew but there could be delays .... and I might end up starving. I was surverying what to eat when I spotted McDonald's at the far corner of the hall. And I made up my mind to have a McMuffin.

There weren't many people as yet that morning, and there was a whole section at the restaurant which was vacant ... That suited me just fine.I did not quite like the crowd.

At the counter, I placed an order for an Egg McMuffin Set Meal. I paid RM10.02 for it. I believe it's my first time eating the Egg McMuffin here in Malaysia.

 Egg McMuffin Meal Set
The muffin came with a hot cup of coffee and a piece of hash browns

Egg McMuffin with cheese and chicken Roll; Hash browns

I loved that the muffin was served really hot, fresh from the gridle. It was fresh, soft yet chewy. Only that the combination of cheese and chicken roll I found to be a tad too salty. On the whole, however, the muffin was rather enjoyable. The hash brown was crispy on the outside, but quite oily and thus induced a bit of guilt.

I sat at a near empty section of the restaurant, munching away my food and sipping my coffee.... while waiting for my friends to arrive ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...