Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 1 : Kch - Kul

The day before, I was feeling feverish and dizzy. My nose was stuffy, and I felt weak in the legs. I wondered how I was going to travel at this state. But what was I going to do? My tickets were booked, and the trip had been paid for. It was too late to back out.

So to prepare myself, I took some medication and rested early. I slept for 10 hours straight and woke up feeling better and stronger at the crack of dawn. Thank goodness! Of course, I was armed with MORE medication for my trip.

There were 3 flights to catch to reach my destination, Changsha (长沙), the capital of Hunan Province (湖南), south central of China. The first flight was from Kuching to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Thankfully, Flight MH2803 on Malaysia Airlines was right on schedule, and took off promptly at 7.45 a.m.

We were served breakfast a while later. We were given a choice of Chicken with Noodles or Nasi Lemak With Shrimp Sambal. Of the two, I opted for .....

 My breakfast tray

Nasi Lemak with shrimp sambal
Anchovies sambal on the left, rice in the middle, egg and shrimp sambal on the right

It was nice that the main course was served warm, with the rest of the items being cold. I really needed something warm in the tummy. Well, I found the rice to be not fragrant at all as it lacked the rich flavour of coconut milk or the fragrance of pandan leaves. The sambal was rather spicy and on the sweet side, but thankfully, it too had little salty anchovies in there to balance up the taste. It was not bad, actually. However, I did not like the shrimp sambal .... it had a strange flavour which I could not define. I merely picked at the shrimps and left most of breakfast uneaten.

The rest of the flight went smoothly .... and before long, I arrived at KLIA. I was to meet my friends here .... and while waiting for them, Mcdonald's was a great hangout place ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...