Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hong Kong Puff

Hong Kong Puff is located at Sekama .... the Hong Leong Bank area. Outside the shop, there is a table displaying all the pastries .... if I did not see wrongly, the oven is right outside the shop too!

How can I resist pastries, right?

From the top : Custard Puff, RM1.30, Curry Puff, RM1.50 and Shao Bao, RM1.50

The pastry skin was the same, and it was crispy and flaky. Of the three types of filling, I liked the curry and custard ones.

 The filling was moist and savoury, with a mild curry flavour. Quite enjoyable.

The custard was not too sweet, and tasted rather egg-y ... not that soft and rich, but was pleasant to eat. 

 The Shao Bao filling I thought was a bit dry .... but tasted alright.

Overall, the pastries were not bad at all .... I had them for lunch. And I would buy them again next time. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...