Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 1 : Rbt Cafe

Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport was huge! There were two terminals - A and B to cater to the large number of international and domestic passengers. It was also one of China's busiest airports!

I felt dazed at first .... going from the international terminal to the domestic terminal, being not familiar with the airport setting. But well .... we followed the signs and asked around and before long, found our boarding gate for our domestic flight to Changsha.

It was dinner time by then, and there were a few F & B outlets at the domestic terminal. I was unfamiliar with all the names ... but finally, we decided to eat at Rbt Cafe (仙踪林).

Rbt has a rabbit for logo. Hence, I thought Rbt stood for "rabbit". Lol. In fact, it stood for Real Brewed Tea. I ordered a set meal, comprising a bowl of Braised Beef Noodles (红烧牛肉面) and a glass of iced green tea.

 Iced green tea
The tea was not too sweet, and really refreshing. It soothed my thirst immediately.

Braised Beef Noodles
What a big, big bowl. There was so much noodles in there! 

Meanwhile, I was glad that the noodles was served piping hot. The broth was spicy, fiery and full-bodied, so I quite enjoyed it. And I quite liked the play of spicy chilli with the tender chunks of beef. I wished there were more meat though. The wheat noodles, although were smooth, were not springy in at all. Too bad, as I would prefer them to have more bite.

For my meal, I paid RMB58.00. It was slightly overpriced in my context ... but since it was a franchise from Hong Kong (which later I found out), I suppose it would be charging Hong Kong meal prices. Plus, I was at an airport and food choices were limited .... and it was catering to tourists ..... well .... hungry people WOULD pay for food. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...