Monday, December 7, 2015

Ah Tan Ais Kacang

Fifth Aunt, Cousin N and I joined the Kuching Christmas Parade this year - the first for all of us; well, I'd joined the Christmas Parades in Miri before this, but here in Kuching, this had to be a first for me. Last year, I stood by the roadside to watch the parade. This year, I walked it.

We went to Jubilee Ground at 5.00 p.m. .... and as soon as I parked my car, I saw my fav kiddie CN walking towards the grounds. Somehow I knew that she would be here :))

Since we had arrived so early, I made her join me for ais kacang. Today, the Jubilee Ground Hawker Centre was packed with parade participants .... there was hardly a place to sit. We waited a while, and finally grabbed a table in front of Ah Tan's.

Ais Kacang, RM2.00 
Not too sweet, milky, and with a reasonable amount of powdery adzuki beans; quite nice, I liked it.

And so I caught up with CN over the bowl of ais kacang; she was always full with stories of her life in UNIMAS. Fifth Aunt, Cousin N and I were superbly entertained. We left the hawker centre at 6.00 p.m. and gathered inside the sports ground.

CN and I parted ways then. Instead of walking with my church contingent, I walked alongside Fifth Aunt with her church. There was prayer, singspiration and a short sermon before the parade actually kicked off at 7.15 p.m. We only moved at about 7.35 p.m. .... and by the time we finished it was 9.00 p.m.

The route was only 4 km long, not difficult to walk all. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the atmosphere too. Behind us was the BB band rendering christmas carols, and it sure liven up everyone's mood. All long the route, there were people lining up and dispensing christmas wishes freely and joyfully. It was fun.

Fifth Aunt asked whether Cousin N and I would join the parade again next year .... well, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...