Saturday, December 26, 2015

Day 5 : Langkawi - Pen - KL

We were leaving Langkawi Island today. It was going to be a long journey to KL. If I were to do this trip again, I would fly into and out of Langkawi instead of taking the ferry, and then the bus. The journey was quite tiresome ....

And so, we needed to fuel up for breakfast before our long, long journey. We checked out the minute we were ready. Then, we headed to the breakfast terrace. No one was there yet. Again, we were the first guests, and we kickstarted the breakfast buffet with ....

Baked egg on toast, fried vermicelli, some mixed vegetables sauteed in butter

But this morning, I enjoyed the fish porridge which I had 2 bowls of. 

Fish porridge
It had bits of fish in there, and a subtle hint of ginger and sesame oil. Nice. 

Breakfast was rather limited, and there wasn't much to eat. We did not stay long. Instead, we drove back to Kuah. We wanted to go to Legend Park, which is situated just next to the Kuah Jetty.

It is in fact a landscaped folklore theme park, depicting myths and legends associated with the island. We did not have much time to go around, however. What attracted me to come was this ... 

Oooh .... so pretty, I loved this 

Another shot .... so pretty :))

The park is also adjacent to Dataran Lang - this eagle sculpture is certainly recognisable! 

View from Legend Park 

Well, it's time to say goodbye to Langkawi Island, my first time here. I had certainly enjoyed myself. The next time I come back, I will make sure I bring a bottle opener so that I can indulge in more alcoholic beverages. I will also bring an empty bag to fill in my coveted Corningware casserole sets and Corelle dinnerware. Lol!

We returned the car, and got back our deposit of RM50.00; and then caught the 10.00 a.m. ferry back to Penang. The ride was really slow because "the pressure pipe is broken" - that's what we overheard the staff say. Hmn .... it sounded dangerous, eh? Our safety could be compromised, and for a while, I was gripped with fear. Instead of the usual 3 hours journey, today it took 4 hours. I was getting very restless, but reminded myself to be thankful to be able to reach Penang safely. It was 2.00 p.m. by the time we reached shore.

After we got out of the pier, there was a group of taxi drivers touting for business .... we grabbed a taxi to Sungai Nibong bus station. The Malay driver was very friendly, and he chatted with us throughout the journey to the station. Yet another friendly Penangite!

As we arrived at Sungai Nibong, 2 buses were bound for Kuala Lumpur, and were just about to leave. We got into a Seasons bus for RM36 per pax. The journey was 4.5 hours long ..... and we reached KL Sentral at about 7.00 p.m.

It had been such a long day. Bro, sil & Berry picked us up at KL Sentral .... and then we sent S to Cititel, where she was putting up for 2 nights and meeting up with her old university mates. Only then did I have my meal ....

Wanton noodles, RM13.90 @ Canton-i 

Service was slow as there was a huge crowd .... we waited quite long for our food and drinks. I hadn't eaten since breakfast, so I finished my whole plate of noodles. Luckily, it was yummy. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...