Friday, December 25, 2015

Day 4 : Langkawi SkyCab, Galleria Perdana & Telaga Air Hangat

We were early birds. By 6.30 a.m., we were ready for breakfast. We were the first guests at the breakfast terrace ... but breakfast was disappointing. No meat! S wailed .... well, yeah. Not to say meat, there weren't even eggs and sausages. Those two items were limited - you had to order them at the egg station.

 The breakfast buffet 

What I ate ... 

Pineapple, lettuce, onion, tomato & thousand island dressing 

Omelette
It was tasteless .... and I had to eat it with ketchup 

The rice fared better than the noodles; the noodles were dry and tasteless; I loved the fish crackers, though. 

A sausage and a piece of roti (frozen ones, I'm sure!) with dhal and anchovies sambal

 More crackers for me to eat with my coffee and juice

After breakfast I wandered outside .... 

The pool ... the the exterior of the hotel 

Right after that we left and drove to the Langkawi SkyCab. We took the route that we took yesterday evening - about 25 minutes drive. We thought that the SkyCab opened at 9.00 a.m., but because it was school holidays, it actually began its operations half an hour earlier at 8.30 a.m. 

We were there on the dot, and parked our car at a nice spot. There was only a short queue at the ticketing counters at the Base Station at Oriental Village. We bought a return ride for RM20.00 with our MyKads. It came with a 5-minute show in the SkyDome .... and to be frank, I had no idea what I was watching in that 5 minutes. It was so uninteresting, forgettable. 

The ride up Gunung Machincang was more exciting to me. A cable car accommodated 6 passengers, and would take us 650m up to the Middle Station, and thereafter to the Top Station at 708m above sea level. I enjoyed the ride up, and I loved the view of the mountains and the sea. It was enjoyable! 

 On the way  up .... 

Telaga Tujuh waterfalls! I was there yesterday!  

 View from the Top Station

The view wasn't clear, as there seemed to be a layer of mist veiling the scenery; and the air wasn't much cooler here, except for when there's light breeze blowing our way. 

The SkyBridge
There was a fee of RM15.00 for access to the SkyBridge, however .... and I chose not to go although S was enthusiastic ... to be honest, I was a bit scared. Lol. 

We spent about an hour here admiring the view ..... before queuing for our ride down .... 

The SkyBridge  
Here's another view of the bridge on our way down the mountain ....

At the Base Station was Oriental Village .... and here, there were souvenir stalls, food stalls, and other attractions. 

There were some shops and food stalls around the entire place, as well as other attractions such as the 6D Cinemation, 3D Art Museum here for visitors to enjoy .... 

We weren't interested, so we left and drove to Teluk Yu. The waters were looking clear and blue this morning, much prettier than yesterday evening.

Teluk Yu
So beautiful!

A short drive away was Pantai Pasir Hitam, or Black Sand Beach. 

Some boats at Pantai Pasir Hitam

The entire stretch of the beach isn't black, just a small part of it is black 

Black sand specimen

After that, we drove to Tanjung Rhu 

The road led to Tanjung Rhu resort, and also the site for many water-based activities

Our next stop was Telaga Air Hangat; entrance fee was RM5.00.

2 of the hot springs under the shade

I did soak my feet in this natural hot spring saltwater which was rich in minerals; the water was hot, and because it was already such a hot day, I felt even hotter after that. I soaked for just a little while .... in case I got the heatstroke.

This place had been turned into a spa, and they also offered services like massages and jacuzzis for a fee. After Telaga Air Hangat, we were more than happy to cool off at the air-conditioned museum of Galeria Perdana. It was a large museum, and filled with lots of fine treasures of all kinds .... very interesting to visit. Entrance fee was also RM5.00. 

A carriage on display

Lots of artefacts kept in glass cases like these ... 

After some time here, we had our late lunch at Kuah .... 

Lunch, RM6.00
We ate at HIG Food Court at Kuah

More shopping followed .... we went back for more chocolates .... and more bottles of cheap Sommersby cider. Again, I was so tempted to buy Corningware and Corelle. I stood in front of the display for so long, contemplating ...... and in the end, I still did not buy.

We spent the rest of the time strolling along the street at Jalan Pantai Cenang ... and snacked on Gelato ..... before going back to the room to rest. We were too full, so we skipped dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...