Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Kuching Favourites @ Chong Choon Cafe

This coffee shop is bustling. It's really good business here. Lucky for us, we managed to grab a table ... but there were people standing around us. I was indifferent to them .... but S said she felt uncomfy. So it was good that they dispersed after a while, having found vacant tables to themselves.

This morning, we enjoyed a great breakfast here ....

Teh C Peng
Rich and thick and milky, the drinks were very tasty; we had ours sans sugar for a guilt-free indulgence

These pulut panggang weren't wrapped in the conventional way ....
 
I unwrapped the pandan leaves to unveil the contents inside ....
Such a neat rectangular piece of glutinous rice roll, filled quite generously with spicy and piquant coconut filling ... we both liked this kueh lots :))

Yummy Laksa, RM5.00
One of my favourites in town; I liked the taste of the gravy - not sure how to describe it; tasted "original" to me, like how old school laksa should be. :))

 Kolo mee, RM3.00
I didn't eat this, so no comment. :))

Love it here, highly recommended if you're in Kuching. :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...