Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Annual Staff Dinner 2012

The staff had their annual dinner at Imperial Palace Hotel. We had our annual there too last year, and all of us agreed that the food was not up to par the last time. So we were not expecting much this time around.

For starters, we were served ...

Starters :
I had some assorted vegetables with thousand island dressing, a fruit salad, and a spicy Thai beef salad. Of the three, I liked the zesty Thai salad, which coupled the spicy and the sour and a full-flavoured cured beef - tasted like salami to me. The Pooh air freshener was a door gift. It's so cute, eh?

The mains :
Rice was served with the dishes shown above, and it was good that they refilled the food so that everyone could have their fill. Of all the dishes above, I liked the fish the most - baked fish fillet with leek sauce. I was not sure what fish was used, but the flesh was rather firm. The sauce was creamy and I think it would be nice to eat the fish with pasta. Yums. I liked the broccoli with assorted mushrooms too .. with crisp broccoli and soft and slippery mushrooms and a light sauce. Many of my colleagues enjoyed the seafood tofu. The crust was crispy while the inside was soft and tasty. The tofu was served with a tangy mayonnaise.

Cakes
The strawberry mousse cake was alright, but I did not really like the brown coloured cake which tasted of almonds .... 

I enjoyed the tart though the crust was so darn thick ...


A fruit cocktail to end the dinner ... 

Guess there was so improvement since last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...