Friday, November 9, 2012

33 Kopitiam @ Taman Connaught

The other day, the family went out to buy breakfast. But I did not tag along as I had already eaten 2 slices of bread with peanut butter and kaya. And hot coffee, of course. ;p

When they came home, I saw that Dad and Bro bought a packet of fried kueh tiaw each. And tempted me to taste it ... but I was not feeling up to it. The fried kueh tiaw looked delicious, however.

The next morning, Bro and I sent our parents off at KLIA ... and on the way back, we had to buy breakfast as well.

"What do you want to eat?"

I did not know. But the image of yesterday's fried kueh tiaw came on strongly ... so I told Bro about it. Lol. And he promptly brought me to the coffee shop to dabao or takeaway for the 3 of us. Sil was at home with Berry.

The shop was located at Taman Connaught - 33 Kopitiam. There were many stalls selling delicious hawker fare. It was about 8.30 a.m. and business just started. The fried kueh tiaw guy was in fact missing in action and I stood in front of his stall and waited for him to come.

 Stir-fried kueh tiaw, RM4.50
It did not look like much, but the stir-fried kueh tiaw was delicious. Moist, fragrant and stir-fried with spring onions, beansprouts, prawns, cockles and egg, this savoury noodle was addictive. I picked up a chopstick-ful ... followed by another ... and another .... so tasty. 

Wantan noodles, RM4.50
We also shared this wantan noodles. I liked it a lot. The noodles were tossed in a sweet gravy and served with thick slices of tasty charsiu, blanched wantons and mustard greens. The tangy green pickled chillies made the noodles even tastier. 

Yong Tau Foo, RM8.00
The Yong Tau Foo was nice, the vegetables and tofu being stuffed with springy fish paste. The soup had a strong anchovies or ikan bilis flavour, which went quite well with the stuffed items. I thought it was rather pricey though, for the items sold for RM1.00 each.

What a sinful but totally satisfying breakfast .... I was totally stuffed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...