Friday, November 23, 2012

Marina's Salisbury Steak Burger

With the recent  ban of Ayamas products from the supermarkets, the freezers were rather empty. I was actually shopping for frozen burger patties, and there were not many choices ... and then I stumbled upon Marina's Salisbury Steak Beef Burger. 4 patties were priced at RM11.70 here. Expensive, eh? I could have a McDonald's Big Mac McValue Meal for much less than that!!

 The packaging

However, since I was rather keen to try it, I bought it anyway. Back home, I opened the package, and found 4 giant beef patties inside. Giant as each patty was about 14.5 cm in diametre and about 1 cm thick. Well, well, well ... this beef patties looked like they had substance!

A giant patty

Instructions said to pan-fry, grill or barbecue them straight from the freezer for 2 minutes on each side. I had mine thawed first. I also did not time myself, but I pan-fried each side till browned and then slabbed half a slice of cheddar cheese on top and waited for it to melt ....

Waiting for the cheese to melt

And then I served it on my favourite toasted Massimo Wheat Germ sandwich bread ... with lots of crunchy cucumbers and tangy tomato slices. I squeezed some chilli sauce on top as well. The large beef patty filled up the whole slice of bread ...

Salisbury steak beef burger with melted cheese

After taking a bite .... 

I suppose when you pay premium prices, you get premium products. I loved the beef patty. It was thick and juicy, and packed with the flavour of good quality beef. It was not salty and thus retained its natural flavour. Not bad at all, and able to give McDonald's a run for its money!

I'm glad I bought this product, and am already thinking of ways to jazz up my burger next time. I've got relishes, mustard, mayo, bbq sauce, onions, pickles, lettuces in mind ................................ it would surely taste even more awesome, wouldn't it? ;p

4 comments:

  1. Definitely agree, these are the best burgers you can buy in Malaysia. I just wish they did Burger Bakar sold in supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! But i made my own burger bread. From atta flour! It tastes a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I haven't eaten this burger for a long time; nor do I notice whether it's still in production?

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...