Monday, November 5, 2012

Big Bao For Breakfast

Dad and Mom have tried all the baos at the market. There was a vendor who only came on Sundays and my parents thought it sold the best big bao. Relatively, speaking. Hence, they bought one especially for me to try. I had half for breakfast cause it was really huge.

Amy Yip bao? I asked, referring to the buxom actress.

Not sure, Mom said. Lols. Well, I suppose it's just big bao - not the ones marketed as Amy Yip big bao. I'd be interested to taste an original Amy Yip big bao, though.

Big Bao, RM2.50

Well, the filling was quite compact, was moist and not too salty. Not bad, really. I liked the bao skin, though, which was really fine. Great to enjoy the bao with a cup of hot coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting to read that you ate the skin. When we stay in Miri my wife's family always peel off the thin skin from boa whereas I munch straight in. Is that bad form is is it down to personal preference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's preference, I suppose. My grandma peels off the skin too, but she does it purely cause of hygiene. The skin is after all exposed during the steaming, serving process and subjected to hand contact. But I never bother ;))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...