Sunday, November 4, 2012

Line Up & Kill 'Em

I was looking at liquid eye liners at Watson's the other day. Really, for such a long time, I had wanted to buy myself one. Cause I had wanted to experiment wearing eye liners for that "in" look.

People tell me that I should use a pencil liner because it's easier to draw compared to liquid liners. especially for novice users like myself. Well, I do have a pencil liner. But its tip is blunt and I cannot get that thin line to define the eyes. It does not help that I have small eyes. So I thought I would go for a liquid liner this time.

So I was weighing my choices ... and nearby there were 2 teenage girls debilitating about how many eyeliners they should get. One girl was holding 2 slim orange-coloured boxes while the other was holding one. I checked out the brand and the price. They were not cheap, mind you. Each liner was about RM55.90. More expensive than usual. So if there were young girls who were willing to fork out a large sum of money for a liner, it would imply something.

I took out my iPhone and did some research on the spot. Clio Kill Black. Formulated in Japan. Made in Korea. Endorsed by Lee Hyori. Reviews were good - intense black liquid that dried quickly that it did not smudge. And the density, sharpness and texture of the brush was able to produce the sharpest of lines ...... okie ... and it was enough. I had decided which ones to buy.

Because I wanted to draw fine lines, I bought the Kill Slim. Back home, I told Sil about it, and we both experimented. But neither of us knew how to draw well. Lols.

Kill Slim Brush Liner

Two days later, I went to another Watson's outlet and bought the Kill Black. ;p So now I have 2 Clio liners, and I'm still learning to draw .... lols.

Kill Black Pen Liner

Hmn .. I think the pen liner, with its felt tip, is easier to draw compared to the brush liner. Kill Slim, however, was able to produce very fine lines.I'm still smudging my eyes all over nonetheless. Lols.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...