Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dinner @ Passion Corner

My friend and I had dinner at Passion Corner the other day. It is located at Jalan Permaisuri. And we both liked the food there! 

A pot of green tea for the two of us, RM6.00
Free refills of boiling water available if one pot wasn't enough

A young lady came and took our order. My friend had lots of questions about the food, and the young lady very patiently clarified her questions. In the end, she decided to order a smoked duck set meal (RM12.00), which she liked and enjoyed very much. 

On the other hand, I had the Kimchi Pork Set meal. 

Kimchi Pork Set Meal, RM12.00
Hmn .... as you can see ... in the set meal, there was a bowl of rice and the kimchi and pork stir-fry, kelp, coleslaw, a soup and a pudding.

Kimchi Pork
Piquant, tangy and bright red in colour but not spicy. Very thin pork belly slices which melted in the mouth were used to stir-fry the dish. I found it to be very appetising. If you like kimchi, you will definitely enjoy this dish. Made me want to replicate this at home ....... ;p

Seasoned kelp
I liked the crunchy kelp, seasoned in a tangy soy sauce together with some garlic and fragrant sesame oil. Yums. 

Coleslaw
The cabbage and carrot shreds were crunchy, tangy and served chilled. It was rather refreshing.

Seaweed soup
The clear soup had seaweed and tofu dices in there, and was not salty. However, it was served lukewarm. Hmn ... if only it had been hotter, it would have been more enjoyable.

Pudding ... what a cutesy bear
The last item on the set meal was a strawberry pudding ... which provided a sweet end to the meal. 

Besides the set meal, my friend and I also shared the following ... 

 Stir-fried crinkly mustard greens in garlic, RM8.00
We both enjoyed the crunchy vegetables which were stir-fried to order

Crispy Salted Chicken, RM7.00
The chicken bites were crispy on the outside. My friend liked it but she thought the chicken was slightly salty. I did not think it was that salty, but I thought batter tasted a bit grainy or sandy.

Overall, I enjoyed the food here lots. It had a homemade feel to it. I'l be back soon!!

4 comments:

  1. lovely! i love the salted fish pork belly there...yummmms.. the kimchi pork belly tastes nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Both my friend and I were impressed with the food. I'll try salted fish pork belly next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did the shop relocate? i couldn't find the shop anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure. I haven't been back there since november! can anyone out there help us?

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...