Thursday, November 1, 2012

Putu Mayam

Mom did not like it. But Dad loved it. He had it since he was a child, he said. Wow ... I didn't know we had putu mayam in Kuching back then. Where are they now? How come I don't see it anymore in Kuching, except maybe at the Satok Sunday Market.

Well, I loved putu mayam too. Because I seldom come across it, I'd always be tempted to buy some whenever I see them. There is this Indian vendor who sells putu mayam at the market. He sells them from a metal chest, attached to the back of this motorbike. He's there every day, and sells his putu mayam at RM0.40 per piece.

Fine string hoppers, with freshly grated coconut and brown sugar on the side ... 

The vendor's putu mayam was fine, springy and were made in neat flat rounds. Freshly made, the putu mayam was delicious and made a wonderful breakfast item. Yummy ... ;)) Can't get them this yum in Miri.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...