Thursday, November 22, 2012

Briyani For Lunch

I had lunch with my colleague at Al-Asna, formerly known as Fairuz. We went to the outlet located at Morsjaya. This restaurant has got a strong following for its briyani and its roti canai. Here is the website.

Today, I ate ...

Briyani with egg, honeyed chicken & pickled cucumbers

The honeyed chicken or ayam madu is mighty popular. The chicken was deep-fried and then coated with a sweet and spicy sauce. This time around, I found the chicken to be fried till very tough, and the sauce to be overly sweet. The egg was yums, though. So was the pickles. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed the play of spices in the rice in which I drenched with a bit of curry gravy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...